STERIPAINT is an antibacterial and antifungal white paint with high whiteness, great covering capabilities and resistance against dry rubbing. Its advantage lies in the simplicity of use and long-term effect. The mixture of nano particles NANOSTERILE® adds to paint unique properties, higher antimicrobial effectiveness and air-cleaning function. The paint is suitable for use everywhere it is necessary to ensure long-term microbial hygiene of environment, especially in medical facilities, food stores, kitchens, living spaces, dressing rooms or bathrooms… Application is easily found not only in environment where better hygiene is required but due to its unique capabilities of air cleaning, it brings solution for people with allergies, asthmas and people with a weaker immunity.
The tests in an independent laboratory simulating real-life conditions have shown 99.999 % effectiveness against bacteria such as Staphylococcus aureus CCM 4516, Escherichia coli CCM 4517, Pseudomonas aeruginosa CCM 1961, Candida albicans CCM 8186, Aspergillus brasiliensis CCM 8222
2,5L – up to 37 m² in one layer
10L – up to 148 m² in one layer
How STERIPAINT works?
A great advantage of STERIPAINT is double effectiveness – photocatalytic reaction and silver ions technology. This double effect of active silver and photocatalytic reaction of nano particles brings unprecedented effectiveness in eliminating bacteria, viruses, molds and air cleaning from volatile organic compounds and microorganism in the air.
1:. Photocatalytic reaction
Removal of harmful organic chemicals, viruses and fungi functions on the basis of photocatalytic reactions. Photocatalysis is activated by incidence of light on the treated area, which causes its surface to heavily oxidize. Bacteria and viruses that come into contact with such an active area are decomposed to CO2 and H2O. To start the process of photocatalysis , no special rays are needed, sunlight is sufficient. This way, on the natural basis, STERIPAINT constantly cleans your environment and without the use of aggressive chemicals. Advantages of photocatalytic reaction are:
- strong antimicrobial properties
- removal of odors (odors, cigarette smoke, exhaust fumes)
- reduction in the occurrence of volatile organic compounds
- decrease in the incidence of allergens
- destruction of mold and prevention of the formation of moss
- significant reduction in the incidence of micro-dust particles
- air ionization
- increased air quality
- friendly environment for asthmatic and allergic people
2:. Silver ions technology
As a highly effective antibacterial substance, along with TiO2 also uses particles of silver (Ag). The antibacterial effect of silver has been known for over 3000 years. Silver ions diffuse from the paint to the aqueous phase and form an equilibrium concentration. Silver ions react destructively within microbial cells by interruption of cell membrane, enzyme inhibition and interrupting DNA. They actively engage in the process of formation and growth of bacteria. A number of strains of viruses, bacteria, fungi or other pests are thus killed and unable to mutate.
- Double effectivity – photocatalytic reaction and silver ion technology
- Improves hygiene
- Cleans air in environment
- Developed for medical facilities
- High coverage, good filling power
- Excellent flow and levelling
- High whiteness
- Easy to apply
- Long-term anti-baterial efectivity
Where to use?
- Hospitals, Clinics, Health care buildings, Dental practices, Surgeries, Hospital wards…
- Laboratories, Pharmaceutical areas…
- Veterinary practices, Zoo’s, Farms…
- Food industry,Food procesing plants, Bakeries, Restaurants, Kitchens…
- Household, Bathrooms
- On walls where are problems with molds
- Wherever infection control is required