NANOSTERILE® is antimicrobial protective coating which is possible to apply on every surface- walls, wood, metal, glass, plastic (e.g. handles, furniture, sinks, electronic devices…). Due to the treatment of frequent touchpoints it is possible to reduce the risk of infections spread by contact. While applied on walls in rooms there occurs a large air cleaner cleaning the air from volatile organic compounds, odours (including cigarette smoke) and reduces the risk of infections spread by air at the same time. These properties ensure effective disinfectants and protective activity of the layer in various industries, including food processing, healthcare…
BENEFITS OF NANOSTERILE:
- 99.999% efficiency in eliminating microorganism.
- Significiant reduction in the occurrence of volatile organic compounds.
- Significiant reducing the risk of contact transmission diseases.
- Significiant decrease the incidence of allergens.
- Prevention of the formation of mold.
- Air ionization.
- Increased air quality.
- Friendly environment for asthmatic and allergic people.
The technology was developed in Japan and has several patents. Biocidal effects of TiO2 significantly improve the protection of human health in the environment (therefore, they reduce the morbidity of employees). TiO2 is a substance occurring commonly in nature, but the smaller the particles are, the better efficiency is achieved. (NANO STERILE uses a particle size of 2-3 nm – so far the smallest particle size being used on our earth). Active silver particles affect the cellular metabolism of bacteria and suppress their breathing. They don’t have a toxic effect on human cells.
The NANOSTERILE technology can be applied on all surfaces- on walls, wood, metal, plastic and glass (e.g. on door handles, water taps, furniture, electrical appliances, etc.). By treating frequent touch points, it can significantly reduce the risk of diseases transmitted by contact. When applied to walls, it creates a big air purifier in the room, that cleans the air from volatile organic substances as well as from odours created by undesirable microorganisms while, at the same time, lowering the risk of airborne diseases.
HOW DOES NANOSTERILE WORKS?
- After the authorized application partner prepares the surface, he evenly sprays NANOSTERILE® reacting mixture on the surface. After drying (approx. 5-15 minutes), an antibacterial protective layer based on a photocatalytic reaction, combined with highly efficient ions of silver (Ag+), forms on the surface.
- In our surroundings, undesirable microorganisms, causing various diseases or other health complications, are our constant companions. Despite not being dangerous in low amounts, under certain conditions, their growth can be very quick and cause health problems. The NANOSTERILE® protective layer creates an environment that prevents their growth and continually lowers their occurrence. Laboratory tests have proven a more than 99.99% effectiveness in the removal of unwelcome microorganisms.
- The removal of harmful volatile organic chemicals, viruses and fungi is based on the principle of the photocatalytic reaction and on the effect of silver ions. Photocatalysis is activated by the light falling on the treated surface, causing strong oxidation of the surface. The bacteria and viruses that come into contact with this active area, decompose into CO2 and H2O. No special radiation is needed to start the process of photocatalysis, as sunlight is sufficient. The antibacterial effect of silver has been known for more than 3000 years. Silver ions actively intervene in the process of the creation and the growth of bacteria. They disrupt their DNA, prevent cell division, block the cell metabolism, prevent the transport of nutrients and inhibit their breathing. After they come into contact with these ions, many strains of viruses, bacteria, fungi and other unicellular microorganisms are killed and unable to mutate.
- The effectiveness of silver ions does not depend on the intensity of sunlight.